Monday, July 27, 2009

MILLIE PERKINS!!!



MILLIE PERKINS, former model turned AMAZING actress stars in THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK. Her turn as Anne is nothing short of astounding. But she's surrounded by an impeccable cast, including DIANE BAKER, ED WYNN, JOSEPH SCHILDKRAUT, (who played papa on stage), LOU JACOBI and my personal fave SHELLEY (ALSO KNOWN AS SHIRLEY) WINTERS, who did away with her open mouthed smile that she and MARILYN! devised when they were roommates. 300 years ago. Directed by George (GIANT) Stevens, this tale is simply amazing. RICHARD BEYMER is luscious as the boy with the cat MOUSCHI. Now, my cat GUS looks a hell of a lot like Mouschi, so now he's MOUSCHI GUS. He loves it. I had never been able to sit through this flick...I already knew the story...but the production is first class, and the special features are out of this world. The supporting cast is superlative. It's a long haul, but the intermission midway is a great pee/sandwich/cocktail break. I honestly cannot believe I've never seen this treasure, considering my love for all things WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment