Sunday, August 16, 2009

THINGS YOU ALREADY KNOW ARE GREAT!!!



REVISITING STUFF YOU ALREADY KNEW WAS GOOD!!!

I have to tell you. I just got DSL online service, and it is the BEST THING EVER!!! I totally love it. And with NETFLIX, I can download bad mini-series (lookin' for LACE with Phoebe Cates? If nothing else, WHICH ONE OF YOU BITCHES IS MY MOTHER is on You Tube), documentaries, musicals. Even Malcolm McDowell's tour de force in that flick directed by...umm...ohhh....The fellow who directed 2001. It has a name and you know it. Leave me alone.

SWING SHIFT, with a stunning cast of actors including Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Christine Lahti, Ed something really hot and hairy, a dwarf takes you right back to the good old days when men were scarce and women had rivet guns. I saw it in the theater when I was just a wee one, well, maybe not as wee as ye can be, but I have not seen it since. Goldie does an amazing Kate Hudson impersonation. Kurt Russell. Yummy. Lahti. Absolutely off the stage. Long an lithe, she's brilliant. The dwarf? Perfectly cast. The long gone Ambassador makes a cameo. 5 stars.

Needing to take in some NATASHA RICHARDSON (I had to....you know), one sat through WIDOW'S PEAK. Featuring such reviled stars as Dame (I stole away Vivien Leigh's husband) Joan Plowright and the long suffering Mia Farrow, Jim Broadbent and fun stock costumes of the period, this little thing takes place in Ireland. And you KNOW just how much I want to go THERE. Think Daffy Dames in the middle of nowhere having to deal with a wacky American. Stars? 3.5

TO DIE FOR. Nifty flick with Nicole Kidman doing a wicked Meg Ryan. There's some swarthy guy from Long Island starring as her soon to be dead hubby. I liked it. 3 stars.

I'd just made a pot of Lentil Ham Soup, and decided to sit down to THE EXORCIST. Very well acted, very well directed tons of bumps in the night and other drama. The next time I will eat a chicken sandwich. 3.75 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment